As we move into the year 2023, it's time to plan for what you hope to achieve next year. Cleaning your air vents is one of the most necessary things you can do. We don't often think about cleaning our air vents or ducts, but dust and debris still accumulate in them. Like any other area of your home, you should give this some attention—it's worth it! But the question is how often should you do air duct cleaning? Keep on reading to find out.
How Often Should You Do Air Duct Cleaning?
It's recommended that you get your air ducts cleaned once every 5-7 years. This ensures they don't have any blockages or other problems. It's also important because this will help improve the air quality in your home and reduce allergens like dust mites, pollen, and pet dander from circulating through the house. If you have pets or kids, getting your air vents or ducts cleaned more often is a good idea. You can also have them cleaned if you notice odors in your house.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Duct Cleaning?
Now that you know how often to do air duct cleaning and why it's important let's consider the benefits and drawbacks.
- Reducing airborne contaminants, dust, and allergens that enter your home the moment your furnace turns on.
- Maintaining clean and dust-free ducts reduces the dust distributed throughout your home and prevents it from accumulating on your furniture.
- Taking the time to clean your ductwork thoroughly ensures that your furnace and central air system operate at peak efficiency.
- Clean ducts and filters mean less strain on the entire furnace.
- The less money you spend on heating and cooling bills, the more efficiently your system operates. Lowering heating and cooling bills equates to a more energy-efficient home.
If duct cleaning is done incorrectly, there are a few drawbacks to be aware of.
- It takes more than simply changing your furnace filter once a month to keep your system running smoothly.
- It can harm your HVAC system and your health.
- Doing it yourself to save money may result in unexpected damage to your system.
- A good choice of HVAC contractor for your duct cleaning work will be relatively inexpensive.
What Happens If You Don't Clean Your Air Ducts?
There are a few consequences if you don't follow the recommended frequency on how often air duct cleaning should be done. For starters, you could end up with dirt and debris in your air ducts. It can lead to health problems like allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
Risks of carbon monoxide poisoning are also increased if your air vents or ducts aren't cleaned regularly. It's because dust and dirt particles can get caught in the HVAC system and clog up the filters. This can cause the system to work harder, increasing energy costs.
Dirty air vents can also lead to structural problems in your home. It's because they aren't properly ventilated, which can cause water damage and mold growth inside walls.
Need a Professional Air Duct Cleaning?
If you're still wondering about how often air duct cleaning should be done, it's advisable to have this service performed once every five to seven years. It will ensure that indoor air quality in your home is maintained. At 4Ducks Duct Cleaning, we use a specialized vacuum system to remove debris from your air ducts and return them to their original state. We will also check your duct system for leaks and repair them if necessary. When we're done, you can expect a clean, fresh-smelling home that's more comfortable than ever!